The ZREMB Machine Building Plant was completed on the 2nd of January 1973. Initially it was part of the “Kujawski Work Plant Machine Building Factory ZREMB Solec Kujawski” and then, in 1977, it became a part of the Pomeranian Machine Building Plant “ZREMB-MAKRUM” in Bydgoszcz.
Since 1982 the company has been independent and self-financed. At first the plant produced coach top-bodies – bodies for buses to be mounted on truck chassis, trailers – tippers for building construction, machines and equipment for cellular concrete production plants, machines for dropwork – pile-drivers. Later, heating tunnels for factories and houses as well as various types of trailers – NB 61, ND 160, N 162 were produced. In the eighties the range of machines produced was widened to include agricultural machinery: cultivators and potato diggers/lifters and swath/windrow collectors/balers. At present the company produces mainly containers and steel structures.
In February 1997, as a result of privatization, the company was transformed into a public limited company (joint-stock company) which was called the ZREMB-Chojnice Machine Building Plant S.A. (Inc.), whose principal share-holder was Mostostal-Export S.A. (Inc.). In March 2007 ”Mostostal-Export" S.A. (Inc.) sold shares of ”ZREMB- CHOJNICE” to Mostostal-Export-Dom Sp. z o.o. Company. As a result of takeover of Mostostal-Export-Dom Sp. z o.o. Company by STORMM S.A. (Inc.) with the registered seat in Warsaw in October 2007, STORMM S.A. (Inc.) became our company shareholder.
In April 2008 ZBM ”ZREMB-CHOJNICE” S.A. (Inc.) went public on Warsaw stock exchange.
Till September 2009 it was STORMM S.A. (Inc.) that was the strategic investor. Since September 30, 2009 due to merger between STORMM S.A. (Inc.) (the target company) and JAGO S.A. (Inc.) Commercial Firm (the bidding company) the majority interest in ZBM ”ZREMB-CHOJNICE” S.A. (Inc.) has been in possession of JAGO S.A. (Inc.) Commercial Firm.
In 2009 the Company has started to build the Capital Group which consists except of ZREMB of:
- HEMEX Budownictwo Sp. z o.o. (Ltd) Płock
- NAVIMOR - INVEST S.A. Gdańsk
- IRAQ - POLAND TRADE & INVESTMENT Sp. z o.o. (Ltd) Chojnice
- STOCZNIA TCZEW S.A. in liquidation Chojnice
For the present the shares of ZBM „ZREMB-CHOJNICE” S.A. (Plc) are not in the possession of strategic investor.
Currently the company produces:
- Offshore containers for shipping and drilling platforms (oil-rigs),
- Basket containers for transportation of equipment etc. to drilling platforms,
- Mini-Mud freight containers for transportation of equipment and food to drilling platform personnel,
- Borekaks containers for the transportation of waste material (sludge/mud/silt) from drilling work on platforms,
- Specialist containers for machine shops, compression shops, generators,etc.,
- Containers and platforms for the Army,
- Containers for radio-active waste,
- Steel roof constructions and frames for glazed facades and many other individually designed buildings and plants as well as various other steel constructions.